3.27.2013

Prophetic Photography

Run to Me

Have you ever heard of prophetic photography?  Neither had I up until a couple weeks ago when I  asked God to show me how I can use my talents for Him.  I then thought I came up with this brilliant idea of prophetic photography.  I didn't know if it was a real thing already being done.  A short Google search later I found that it really was a thing and found this explanation and examples at Red Door Sentinel.

I've seen Akiane Kramarik's paintings and their prophetic meanings.  Looking through a book of her paintings have brought me to tears because they carry such powerful messages and dreamlike wonder of things I couldn't have even imagined.

Kelly explained that revealing things hidden through divine inspiration  declare the purpose of God.  Hidden Things are always in plain site and the scripture it declares can be so revealing in a picture.  

For example in the picture above, I was out with my dogs and husband taking our typical daily hike.  On this night, we were a little nervous letting our husky go without a leash.  If you know huskies they are notorious for being runners, stubborn, and not listening to anything you say.  Azul, our husky, was at extra risk of running away on this hike because we had just fed him dinner.  He didn't need to get home anytime soon to eat.  At this point, Azul was running far ahead and my husband and I had stopped to play catch with our other dog, Glacier, and Azul kept going further ahead.  I really wanted Azul to be with me.  Not out of fear he was running away, but I wanted to play with him, pet him, and I really wanted him to want to come to me. So I called his name, and he came running to me.  I snapped the picture above.

Later I was posting the picture to Instagram and I came the caption part.  The only thing repeating over and over in my head to put was Run to Me.

I felt like I was just given a download of information on why God gave me that caption.

I can be unruly, disobedient and stubborn.  God has the power to keep me close to him or make me do the things he wants me to do, just as I could have done the same with putting Azul on a leash.  But instead he wants us to want to run to Him just what I wanted from Azul.  By him running to me it made my heart happy that he returned affection to me.

When you seek me in prayer and worship, you will find me available to you.  If you seek me with all your heart and soul.
Jeremiah 29:13

Then I said, "LORD, you give me strength and protect me.  You are the one I can run to for safety when I am in trouble.
Jeremiah 16:19

xo
Erin

See more prophetic photography here.

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this. Do come and link it up at our linky party! I'd like more entries / people in the linky party who link up REALLY SOULFUL work like this. More interesting and not so same-old same-old like a too sweet cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I linked up at your linky party! Thanks for the invite.

      Delete
  2. Erin, I wanted to let you know that I shared this post at my community group. I was still thinking about your message a few days later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! This is a something God is really wanting me to understand so I've been thinking of it often too!

      Delete