6.17.2013

Allergy-Free Restaurant Review: The Malted Barley


Restaurant Name
Location: 
 Westerly, Rhode Island
What I ate:
 Gluten free Captain eli's root beer from Maine and a BLT on a gluten free pretzel.  If you have an egg allergy you will need to leave off the aioli.
Cost:  
Pretzel sandwich = $8
Root beer = around $3 or $4.  Not sure we split the check in half.
My Thoughts:
This was my second time at The Malted Barley and I was not disappointed either time.  If you only eat gluten free, you will your choice of any pretzel sandwich.  Since I am also dairy free and egg free I had to be a bit more choosy or I would just have had to ask for some without the cheese and such.  My BLT pretzel sandwich was good.  I would order it again!  Also, the root beer was the best I had ever tasted.  The atmosphere was fun and there was live music setting up as we were leaving.  Overall, if you are in the area, it's defiantly worth a visit!

xo
Erin

*I was not paid to do this review.  My opinions are my own.  I also do not know all the ingredients.  They                                  may contain dairy, egg, soy or another allergen.



No comments:

Post a Comment