Looking back, we typically vacation in cabin rentals. We did for our honeymoon, for Christmas and we even rented a one room cabin at a KOA when we went to Niagara Falls. Ryan did the same when he surprised me with this New Hampshire vacation! For this trip he chose to rent a cabin on a picturesque lake in North Conway, NH. Vacation rentals can be found all over the inter-webs simply by googling the location and cabin rentals. There is always Craigslist (be careful of scams) and vrbo.com where Ryan found this cabin.
Reasons I like to vacation in rental cabins:
- We could invite lots of friends and family to join us.
- We could bring our dog Glacier!
- There's a kitchen to cook our own meals, which is very attractive if you are allergy free.
- We could relax! and not always have to be on the go to find our next meal or place to go.
- We could take advantage of the property for things we would have to pay for if we were staying in a hotel. In this cabin we were able to swim (at all hours, even the night), have camp fires, kayak, canoe, grill and enjoy the scenery!
- We could play loud music and laugh all night during our spade tournaments.
I'm already wondering where our next vacation rental will be!