6.03.2013

Prophetic Photography: Running

Run The Race
You Need the Endurance

I don't like to exercise.  I get bored. It's hard.  I give up early on.
In an effort to get in shape, Ryan's been teaching me how to run and the largest lesson he is trying to drill in is that it's all in my head.  I have to be more mentally tough when it gets uncomfortable because my body can do it.  If I'm comfortable, no progress is being made.

When I took this picture I labeled it , "The Road Ahead of Me".  I knew God was telling me the road symbolized my life, my journey.  I have been crippled with fear lately that there are scary things around those bends because I can't see what's ahead.  Life can be hard and I don't want to experience the difficult things that may come.  I fear I would be too weak to make it through them. I want to be comfortable and happy.

So God said:
If you don't run, you will go nowhere.

Just like with running,  if I'm comfortable in life, no progress is being made, I'm going nowhere.  If I don't run with endurance I will live a comfortable shallow, meaningless life never knowing what God had for me around that corner.

And endurance produces character, and character produces hope
Romans 5:4

By your endurance you will gain your lives.
Luke 21:19

xo
Erin

See more prophetic photography here.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this post. You go, girl! Thank you for linking it up with us. ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! and thank you for all your great ideas on your link up Rose!

      Delete