7.03.2013

DIY: Brighten Up A Bench

Our house came with the bench above and we later bought a bench on sale.  I soon found myself with two very weathered benches that were never used.  In an effort to jazz up our deck I took on the project of redoing our benches.  We live in the middle of the forest with a brown deck so I knew I needed a pop of color on these guys.  I had my handy husband take them apart for me, sanded them a bit and used primer spray paint. After priming the wood of the benches I put a couple coats of this nice bright color on with outdoor spray paint and put them back together.
I couldn't be happier with the results.  These benches have instantly livened up our deck and created an area where Ryan and I play outdoor chess and relax.

More ways to jazz up your deck with pallet wood here!

xo
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment