I got inspired by this project and decided to make one of my own, just in time for Valentine's Day!
1. Start with buying a cheap a sweater or shirt or use an old one you want to jazz up.
2. Place cardboard under the layer you will be bleaching.
3. Bleach your design! I went with a simple heart and used bleach in gel form thinking it wouldn't get everywhere. You could also use a bleach pen or paint liquid bleach onto the shirt.
4. Let the bleach sit until it reaches your desired color. I waiting about 45 minutes for mine.
5. Rinse out the bleach thoroughly and let dry.
I'm wearing the shirt here.
I might try this bleach tutorial next!